Elder Ring is the top hit of Feb 2022 that initially got drastic criticism but now it has become popular among gamers. No matter if you are a die-hard fan of FromSOftware’s games or jumping into this gaming experience for the first time, it is crucial to understand your laptop power for Elden Ring. So, if you are not sure about it, this guide is for you. In this blog, we have discussed everything from the introduction of the Elder Ring to the ‘must-have’ laptop specifications. So, without any further ado, let’s begin with the introduction.
What is the Elden Ring?
FromSoftware, a seasoned Japanese studio, famous for the critically acclaimed Dark Soul series that started with Demon’s Souls in 2009 and went on to include the Dark Souls trilogy, has released its most played game, Elden Ring. An open-world role-playing game called The Lands Between takes place in a devastated area where the loss of the game’s titular artifact has caused chaos and warfare. As a warrior, it is your job to return the ring and take control of a brand-new realm.
If you have experience playing the game Witcher or Elder Scroll, you can not only play this game but win it so easily. Here you will explore the kingdom with many beautiful castles, deep and dark caves, and some spooky dungeons. The thrill begins with the entry of menageries of monsters and fire-shedding dragons. This isn’t it. The adventure doubles up when you participate in the quests, from some non-player characters, and end up winning amazing rewards.
What are the minimum and recommended system requirements for Elden Ring?
If you have a plan to beat the mastery of Elder Ring this weekend then your PC must be compatible with the device requirements, set for this hard-end game. Although the trailer of this hard game shows that it requires high-standard specs, that is not the actual case. Here for your ease, we have mentioned all the required specifications so you can enjoy a hassle-free gaming experience.
· CPU: Elden Ring is an intensive game that requires a powerful processor. You can only run this demanding game on your laptop if it features an Intel Core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 CPU.
· GPU: Other than a powerful processor it needs a strong and powerful GPU. Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 580 GPU are required to run this game smoothly.
· RAM: If your system has 12GB RAM then you can play Elder Ring on your laptop.
· Storage: Elden Ring requires at least 60GB of free storage space.
These are the minimum requirements for running the Elder Ring on your Laptop or PC. However, if you want to enjoy a premium gaming experience then we recommend you switch to upgraded specifications. After so many tests and trials our team of experts came up with the following recommended requirements.
· CPU: Although an Intel Core i5 processor works fine for games like Elder Ring, we recommend you go with an Intel Core i7 processor that allows you to play hardcore games without any glitches.
· GPU: As mentioned above, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 5600M GPU is the bare minimum for running the Elder Ring on your Laptop. However, for better graphics and clear image, it is recommended to go for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, 8 GB or AMD Radeon RX Vega 56.
· RAM: Elden Ring requires at least 12GB of RAM. However, 16GB of RAM is recommended for a smoother experience.
· Storage: It is recommended to have at least 120GB of free storage space in case you want to install any DLC or mods.
Why is it important to consider your laptop’s power when playing Elden Ring?
You may be wondering why considering the laptop’s specification is crucial just for playing a game. There are multiple reasons to consider your laptop’s specifications while playing demanding games, like this one. We have mentioned some of the core reasons below;
· Elden Ring is an incredibly graphically rich game. You’ll need a powerful laptop to really appreciate its graphics, fluid gameplay, and snappy controls. Without it, your gaming experience can be hampered by latency, stuttering, and lower frame rates.
· Before starting to play high-end games like Elden Ring you need a powerful laptop that can afford to bear the load of such games and provides you with improved video graphics, realistic textures, and an immersive environment. If your device is fully compatible with the game requirements, then you enjoy intricate details and have a realistic gaming experience.
· If your device is not ready to run demanding games like Elden Ring, then playing such games can cause wear and tear on your laptop’s components in the long run. Moreover, it will cause random game crashes, freezes, and unexpected interruptions that will destroy your gaming experience.
· Games like Elden Ring come with some background applications like streaming software or communication tools; thus, it is very important to have a compatible laptop otherwise the software does not operate well and you end up frustrated. To run a complete gaming setup, it is mandatory to have a strong and powerful device that supports all hidden applications as well.
Laptop Power for Elder Ring Guide
Even if your laptop features above recommended specifications, you can upgrade your device to enjoy an uninterrupted gaming experience. We have mentioned some steps to improve your laptop’s gaming performance.
Optimizing your laptop: There are a few things you can do to optimize your laptop for Elden Ring:
1. Make sure your laptop’s drivers are up to date.
2. While playing the game, make sure to close all unnecessary programs and applications.
3. Check the laptop’s power plan and set up it on “high performance” to enjoy a frizz-free gaming experience.
4. Visit the game setting and lower down the graphics in Elden Ring
5. If your laptop does not feature a strong GPU, then go for an external GPU
If you want to have a smoother, more pleasurable, and longer-lasting gaming experience then you must ensure that your laptop’s components meet the standard requirements of the most demanding game, Elden Ring.
If your laptop does not feature high-end specifications, then playing Elden Ring can destroy the components of your device. Thus, to avoid any hassle, it is recommended to upgrade your device or follow the above-mentioned steps to optimize your device performance. It’s an investment in the longevity of your laptop so you can enjoy your game without crashes.