Intel’s upcoming move on the market for discrete graphics is instrumental. With the launch of its Arc GPU, it has created a buzz among consumers and professionals. Intel offers you a range of functionalities, such as high-level gaming performance and improved immersion while playing high-voltage games.
Let’s explore some common issues related to the Intel Arc GPU and throw light on a range of practical solutions to encounter these challenges:
Multiple times, you can notice that your Intel Arc GPU’s not providing you with the gaming performance you expect. It can be due to a range of factors, including:
- Inefficient system resources: If your device doesn’t have enough memory capacity, then the Intel Arc GPU cannot give the results up to their full potential.
- Thermal throttling: To provide overheating, sometimes Intel Arc GPUs may throttle simultaneously. It happens multiple times when your running GPU becomes too hot or if your device’s cooling mechanism isn’t working at its best.
- Improper GPU settings: Yeah! Sometimes, issues can happen with the GPU settings of your Intel Arc model. Due to improper settings, you can’t achieve optimal results.
If you want to get rid of the performance issues from your Intel Arc GPU, you must check that your system has adequate resources to work. Ensure that your system doesn’t produce extensive heat or check the system’s cooling capabilities. At last, make sure that your Intel Arc GPU settings are able to provide optimal performance.
If you’re still experiencing performance hiccups after looking at the above-mentioned factors, then you can look forward to Intel’s official support.
Solution: You should check for probable system bottlenecks like insufficient RAM or an outdated CPU version. Monitor your device’s temperature in case the GPU isn’t overheating. Consider some things, such as adjusting fan curves or investing in better cooling solutions. In addition, look for optimizing in-game settings to achieve balanced performance.
In most cases, compatibility issues arise due to using certain applications or games with your Intel Arc GPU. This can happen due to the below-mentioned reasons:
- Crashes: In the event of crashes, some of the applications or games on your device may crash unexpectedly. This can happen due to the conflict arising between the Intel Arc GPU and the applications of the graphical driver.
- Graphical issues: In cases of graphical glitches, applications or games may sometimes cause graphical problems such as corrupted textures or missing objects. It can happen due to a compatibility issue arising between Intel’s Arc GPU and game graphics API.
- Performance Issues: In cases of performance issues, the application or game may run slowly or lag. It can happen due to the lack of support for the Intel Arc GPU in the application’s or game’s graphics driver.
If you experience any of these issues with your arc GPU , then you need to update your graphics driver or contact the application or game’s developer for support.
3.Crashes and Freezes:
It’s really a frustrating situation if you encounter unexpected system crashes or freezes while performing a range of GPU-intensive tasks. Not only can it be disruptive, but it can also become time-consuming to troubleshoot and fix the problems.
Undoubtedly, there’s a range of issues that can cause system crashes or freezes, such as:
- Incompatible drivers: Ensure that your device has installed the latest drivers for your GPU. You can find the latest drivers on the manufacturer’s website.
- Overheating: If your GPU is overheating, it can lead to system crashes or freezes. Ensure that your GPU is properly ventilated and there is no dust buildup.
- Power supply issues: If the power supply to your device isn’t strong enough to power up your GPU, then it can also cause system crashes or freezes. Ensure that your device’s power supply is adequately rated for at least the minimum requirements of your GPU.
If your GPU drivers or other system files are corrupted, you can also experience crashes or freezes in your system. In this situation, you can try reinstalling the drivers or running a system file checker to get rid of corrupt files.
If the issue still persists with simultaneous system crashes or freezes after applying the above solutions, you may contact the manufacturer of the Intel arc GPU for further assistance.
Solution: Make sure that your power supply unit (PSU) is offering sufficient power to your GPU. Ensure that you don’t have any conflicting background applications or processes that may cause instability. You can also run stress tests or benchmarks that let you identify the potential issues that’s lying around.
4.Low gaming performance:
Sometimes, as a gamer, you may experience lower-than-expected frame rates or inconsistent performance. It can happen due to a range of factors, such as:
- Hardware Issues: Sometimes, the minimum requirements of a game may exceed the capabilities of the gamer’s hardware. It can sometimes lead to lower frame rates and stuttering issues.
- Software limitations: Multiple times, games conflict with other software on the gamer’s computer, like anti-virus software or graphics drivers. It can also lead to a reduction in frame rates and stuttering issues.
- Poor Optimization: Sometimes your device’s game may not be optimized for the gamer’s hardware. This can also lead to lower frame rates or significant stuttering issues.
- Networking issues: If the gamer is playing online, then network lag can hamper your frame rates per second.
Solution: You should optimize in-game settings and ensure that your system capabilities meet the minimum gaming requirements. You can experiment with different driver versions to look at the most stable and performance-friendly option. Kindly consider overclocking the GPU within safe limits to achieve great performance.
Similar to any hardware release, Intel Arc GPUs are not immune to certain challenges. However, with the help of proactive troubleshooting and being informed about updates and the community, there’s been multiple discussions going on.